Misdemeanor Assault & Battery
Assault is a failed attempted to cause bodily injury, such as a swing and a miss. Battery is causing injury to another through physical force or contact. In addition to jail time, people accused of battery may be required to pay large sums of restitution if convicted.
Aggravated Assault & Battery
Aggravated Assault and Battery has several definitions from causing or attempting to cause serious bodily injury, to attempting to threatening another with a drawn deadly weapon. Punishments for Aggravated Assault and Battery are severe and if you are convicted, you could be facing years in prison.
Self defense and defense of others are recognized defenses to assault, battery and aggravated assault. As long as you have a reasonble belief that the danger is real and imminent, self defense may be justified, and as long as deadly force is not involved, a person being attacked is not required to withdraw or flee the situation.
A True Advocate
There are many intricacies in the law that can affect the outcome of your case. Your future may be greatly impacted by the advice you receive from your attorney.
Plains Law Offices, LLP will:
- Explain the law and legal process to you
- Thoroughly investigate your case
- Find flaws and contradictions in the state’s account
- Cross-examine witnesses with a skeptical eye on the state’s case
- Line up witnesses, including credible experts, in your favor
- Utilize our experience to create the best possible legal strategy for you
- Advise you on plea offers from the prosecution
- Use our knowledge of the law and precedents to challenge evidence and otherwise defend you
- Create a compelling argument to present to the jury
You Need an Experience Criminal Trial Lawyer
Kenneth DeCock * of Plains Law Offices, LLP is an award winning criminal defense trial lawyer with over 28 years experience in the field of criminal law. His experience as peace officer and prosecutor have enhanced his criminal defense skills. Kenneth understands how to defend violent crimes. Your future is worth investing in. Having and experienced, proven attorney assist you in your criminal defense is a wise investment in your future.
Free Initial Consultation
If you have been accused of ANY violent crime, contact Kenneth DeCock of Plains Law Offices, LLP for a FREE CONSULTATION by using the form at the right, or: